Monday, August 27, 2012

Wow time flies!

     For having done so well with my month of thankfulness last year, I have sure stunk at keeping up with anything at all this year!  What a year it has been...January brought me a precious new niece ON my birthday! February brought Maddy's 5th birthday and Daegan's 3rd. We left on Daegan's birthday to visit Gommy in Utah for a week and in the middle of the night after we left, a tornado hit our area HARD.  It pretty much jumped over the top of our house...we ended up needing a new roof, new garage door and a new trampoline.  So very glad we weren't home and it didn't hit us worse than it did.  Our trip to Utah was amazing...it was so wonderful catching up with friends and family.  Plus, we got to spend the weekend in Vegas (I had never been) and see my bro-in-law and my nephew! About the time we made it back home, we found out we were expecting baby number 4!! It was not at all planned, but I've always wanted four kids! From what I remember, April was pretty uneventful and May brought Maddy's preschool graduation. June flew by and July brought us some wonderful family time with Nick's family.  His sister who lives across the country, her 2 kiddos and her fiancé came here and spent a week at the end of which we got a new brother-in-law! The wedding was simple, beautiful, and I bawled my preggo eyes out.  It was such a blessing getting to see them and of course my mom-in-law!  I cried like a baby again when we had to say good-bye.
     Now comes August...I'm almost caught up!  Maddy started kindergarten, Daegan's started preschool, Daegan is nearly potty trained (finally), and Lilly will be two in two and a half weeks. It has been an emotional month sending my big kids to school, 6 months into pregnancy, and missing our family members who live across the country. My mom was facetiming with my sis and nephew in Vegas while my bro and his girl were visiting just over a week ago and I couldn't stop crying. I haven't seen my nephew since we were out there the first of March and haven't seen my sister since the middle of February. Plus, my sis is due with her baby #2 on the same day as me. It hit me hard how much we are unable to share being separated by half a country. My nephew has grown up so much and I won't see him until Christmas when we fly to Utah for 2 weeks and we'll spend a few days in Vegas. I couldn't stop thinking that it will have been 10 months since I've gotten to hug him by then, I'll never feel my niece kick nor will my sis feel her nephew, there will be no pics of us sisters being preggo together..,I completely lost it.  My mom then decided she should do something amazing...she booked a weekend to take me, Daegan and Lilly to Vegas and we leave in 11days!  At least she didn't have to buy a plane ticket for Lilly since we are flying out one week before she turns two.  I am beyond excited to get to see my sis and nephew and share a few days of our pregnancies. What are the odds that we would be due on the same day?  I would imagine they are pretty slim.  

No comments:

Post a Comment