Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Let's get to the bottom of this

Literally! Lilly had surgery on her bum yesterday. Everything went smoothly and she now has a bum hole! Of course we won't put it to work for a couple more months, but we now have two surgeries down and only one more to go! She is doing so well - what a trooper! She hasn't had any morphine since right after surgery yesterday and only Tylenol here and there. When I got to her this morning, she was awake and relatively happy, all things considered. It was nice to see her beautiful eyes. We have even gotten a few smiles out of her! I missed seeing those dimples. Hopefully we will be home this time next week and she will be all cooing and smiles again. Happy healing!

I was a wreck the day before the surgery. It's a good thing I hadn't gone grocery shopping recently so there was no food in the house or I would have spent the day nervous-eating. I did do the appropriate thing last night instead of eating to try to help my stress, I went and exercised. I did 2.65 miles on the elliptical in 35 minutes. Not too shabby. Then I did some leg presses, leg extensions, some free weights, then 350 crunches. It did the trick and I felt a sense of accomplishment which was nice. I'm thinking I'll go workout again tonight before coming back to Lilly's room where I will spend the night now since she can breastfeed ad lib again. Maybe soon they will move this spare bed out of Lilly's room so we will have some more room to spread out. We get a little crowded with 5 of us in here. Kind of looking forward to my time later tonight with just Lilly and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment