Friday, March 29, 2013

Idiot Injury

I'm running (that's the plan anyway) my first 5K in 8 days. I've been trying to run on my treadmill 3 times a week. I have lost 15 pounds and my endurance is infinitely better. I ran a solid 15 minute interval 2 nights ago and didn't die! I actually made it through the first 12 of those 15 minutes easily. Then I walked 3 minutes and was supposed to run another 5 minutes then cool down. I ran the 5 plus another 2! I was feeling great! So yesterday on my day "off" (from running anyway), I was wearing these slip-on Birkenstock-wanna-be clogs to take big girl to the bus and run big boy to the end of our driveway to meet his ride for preschool. When his ride for preschool brought him back home just before lunch, I headed down our ridiculously steep driveway to help him out of the truck. I apparently kicked my stupid clog partially off my left foot. When I took my next step, I landed a couple of inches out of the shoe, the back of my arch landed on the pointy back of those shoes and it HURT! The rest of the afternoon I spent barefoot until it was time to get big girl from the bus and I put my running shoes on. My foot was still pretty tender and when I took my shoes off a little later, it really hurt to walk so I donned some squishy flip flops for the rest of the evening. When I woke up and hit the floor this morning, my foot made sure to remind me that it is injured. Ugh! I put on the squishiest (is that a word?) pair of flip flops I own (still not quite squishy enough for my taste) and began my day. As soon as the hubby got up I began whining at him. What a lame way to end up injured! I don't even have a funny or awesome story to go with it! Like I injured it kicking little girl in the face after she bit baby boy's finger so hard it bled on one side and he has a mark on his fingernail on the other side. Yes, she really did that and not only is she still alive, she is uninjured. I apparently possess more self control than I was aware of. At least in the don't-murder-your-children-when-they-act-like-psychopath-assholes department. I can't even blame it on stepping on a razor sharp Lego! Just about anything else would have provided me with a decent story.
Here is how the lamest conversation in history over the lamest injury in history will go:
Random person(RP) "So, why are you limping?"
Me: "I stepped on the back of my shoe while walking and bruised my arch."
RP "You stepped on the back of your shoe and your shoe bruised you?"
Me "Yes! My stupid built-for-comfort shoes bruised me! They're sharp!"
RP "Okay, you're a psycho and we're done here."
Now I have no more friends.
I may be exaggerating, but it is still the stupidest, lamest injury ever. And I blame big girl. If I hadn't been so fat while I was pregnant with her and my feet so swollen that I could only wear crocs and had to go buy these for work, this never would have happened. So thanks a lot big girl, you ruined my foot for a few days and dashed my hopes of running on the treadmill tonight. All I can say is I sure hope it's better by next weekend because I paid 40 bucks and I am running a damn race!
Below find the offending shoe and a pic of baby boy's mauled finger.




No comments:

Post a Comment