Saturday, March 23, 2013

Insults from the hubby

I'm not sure how the conversation began but the hubby and I were talking the other night after all (wait for it) FOUR kids were asleep. That didn't last long by the way. Something was said about colorguard. I was on colorguard for a season and a half in high school. Now at my school, if you were a dancer and in an extracurricular, it was either colorguard or cheerleading. Once we got a dance team my senior year, it was a JOKE. In case you were wondering, cheerleading was the cool group and colorguard was not. Much like football vs band. Hubby was raised across the country where their dance team was actually fantastic, full of competition dancers and was popular, followed by cheerleading and at the bottom of the totem pole was what they called cattleguard. He claims it was a legitimate name. Maybe, but still mean and doesn't apply to the team I belonged to. In discussing it, he kept referring to my having been on cattleguard so I told him he was uninvited to our reunion this coming summer. He reminded me that I had said I would never go to one of my reunions and I told him it wasn't a whole school reunion, just a guard one. He started laughing and asked if we were serving steak. I couldn't help but laugh, then informed him if we weren't already abstinent, he would be cut off! We both howled for a few at our own hilarity and then the baby woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment