Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful 25

Day 25: I am thankful for Christmas spirit but I wish it were more prevalent all year long. It's so nice when people are cheerful and smiling, wishing complete strangers well. It seems like most everyone is more joyful around Christmas-as they should be. I wish we were all more aware of our salvation than just around Christmas and Easter. All the lights and decorations at Christmas are fabulous too. I don't know how you wouldn't be able to look at a magnificent light display and feel full of joy and wonder. I still feel like a little kid driving around looking at the lights. And now I have children of my own who also adore the lights. Nick put ours up on the house today and I can't wait for our big kids to see them. They're having a sleepover with GiGi and G-Dad. Lilly kept pointing at them making sweet little noises. How I love Christmas...the financial part is stressful now but the celebration of Jesus' birth, family getting together, wonderful food and beautiful decorations are incredible. Tidings of comfort and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment