Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankfulness

I've wanted to "join the club" and write a note of gratitude each day this month but I've been finding reasons not to. How silly. I used to keep a gratitude journal and it's high time I started again. I will begin reforming that habit by joining the thanks train.

Day 1: I am thankful for my partner in crime, my best friend, my husband...Nicholas. We have been through so much together - especially this last year - and I can't imagine a more perfect person to be sharing this journey with.

Day 2: I am thankful for a personal, meaningful relationship with God. He is so good and I am ecstatic to have renewed my faith in the last year. So much happened that I would not have made it through without Him holding my family and I and being able to rely on His strength instead of my own.

Day 3: I am thankful for my mom. Of course because she gave me life, but also because I can't imagine a better best friend. She understands me like nobody else, we think the same way and can finish each others' sentences. She is my hero. I wish everyone had such an inspiring person to not only look up to or consider a friend, but to call a parent.

Day 4: I am thankful for Madyson Alyx Cruz. My firstborn, my "squirt". She amazes me more every day. I am so glad God picked me to be her mommy. She has so much love to give and she radiates joy. She learns things lightning fast and at 4 years old understands what being a good Samaritan is and wants to do things "because it's the right thing to do". She is a gentle, kind and (mostly) patient big sister. I adore watching her "mommy" her younger siblings and know she will see her younger siblings as I do mine - her first attempt at parenting. I am so proud of her and love watching her grow into an incredible little girl.

Day 5: I am thankful for Daegan Nicholas Cruz. My only boy, middle baby, "Bam Bam". He is such a loving little man! I wish every mom got hugs as sweet as his. He is also absolutely hilarious. He does and says some of the most random stuff and makes some incredibly goofy faces. I love his "oh man" every time he fails to hit the foam baseball with his little bat (which is most of the time - he's 2). I love how he tip toes when I ask him to be quiet; I love that he is a pirate most days; I love that he loves Michael Jackson; I love that he absolutely adores his baby sister. There can't be many things in this world more precious than a 2-year-old being protective of his baby sis. I am proud to be his mommy and am thrilled to watch him continue to grow into a little man.

Day 6: I am thankful for Lillian Faith Cruz. My baby girl, my "Lillybug". When God decided to give us our surprise blessing, we had no idea what we were in for. She gave us simultaneously the best and worst year of our lives. Our family was completed with a funny, loving, happy baby girl. We also had a year containing 3 surgeries, 10 months of colostomy bag and so many unanswered questions. Ultimately we ended up with a completely healthy baby and closer relationships with God all around. She has been our little angel. She is so strong and resilient. And I'm not sure there has ever been a happier baby. She adores her older siblings and it's precious watching her as she tries to emulate them now. She has filled all of our lives with so many blessings.

Day 7: I am thankful for my brother, Rob. Even though he is younger, I learned a lot from him growing up. I loved watching him play sports and was devastated when he gave them all up as we got older. He was always so protective of my mom, sister and I and still is. His smile can light up a room and his laugh is infectious. I love watching him with my kids and our nephew. He's going to make the best daddy someday. He is so full of love and life and has a fantastic sense of humor. I'm glad we get to journey through life as family.

Day 8: I am thankful for my baby sis, Lauren. Though we were more worst of enemies growing up, now we are best of friends. She is an amazing young woman who has rolled with the punches of life extremely well and I admire her adaptability daily. She is so sunny and caring. I loved watching her with animals growing up and now I love watching her with my nephew. She's such a great little mommy and though I like to give her a hard time for being a people-pleaser, it's also one of the things I love most about her. She has always done an excellent job of keeping the peace. She's a selfless wife and I admire the woman she has become. I am so proud.

Day 9: I am thankful to be an aunt to 6 of the most amazing children. My baby sis give me Logan who is crazy, funny, loving, giggly and ornery. My sis-in-law Kami gave me Kadan who is hilarious, sweet, sensitive, kind, giving and talented as well as Brooklyn who is sweet, loving, silly, funny and talented. My sis-in-law Kara gave me Mattea who is silly, sweet, ornery, giving and playful as well as Cecelia who is hilarious, defiant, too grown up and sweet as well as Lydia whom I have yet to meet (she's due to arrive in 2 months)! I am so blessed to have a life surrounded by such amazing children who inspire me every day to be a better person.

So I am officially caught up! Whew! I can't believe it but I could still go on! I guess I won't have any trouble completing this challenge...other than punctuality! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment